Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Voodoo Doll

I swear I was a human voodoo doll yesterday! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Had my 1st prenatal appointment yesterday. Nothing exciting though, just a question answer session followed by the loss of several viles of blood.

Of course, the office I have to visit for my blood tests is a TEACHING office. I was approached by a girl who looked like she was 12 who asked, "I am here completing my phlebotomy requirements. Do you mind if I draw your blood today?" HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT is what I'm thinking, but nooooo I'm too nice to say no so I say, "Sure, you have to learn somehow." (what was I thinking!!!!!)

She proceeded to stick me in the right arm. I can not watch but only listen and I hear a sigh. That doesn't sound good. Finally the person overseeing this affair decides to take over. My blood slowly trickled out. The tech says, "I'm sorry Erin, but I'm going to have to move the needle around a bit." OH GREAT I'm thinking but of course, out loud I say, "Oh that's ok, take your time."

The tech got one vile out of me and then the blood stopped. Still had about 6 more viles to go. Great! "Erin, do you mind if we switch to your other arm?" Me - "Sure, no problem!"

Finally, she got the remainder of blood out of me. My god - I did not think I was going to be a human pin cushion yesterday. But at least that is over.

I have another appointment next week which is just an exam. Next month is when the fun begins. We'll get to hear the baby's heart beat! I can not wait. Finally maybe then I will feel pregnant.

That's all for now, nothing else exciting to report.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Peace out girl scout??? LMFAO!!!
    Human pin cushin eh???? Maybe I can borrow you the next time I make a blanket, I can never find a good "Pin Cushin". LOL!!!

    Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the fun begin!!! Motherhood, who said it was easy????

    Love ya,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails