Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Recap

Not much to recap from the weekend. This is pretty much why my blog consists of mainly pictures - LOL. The majority of our weekends go just the same. It's probably a good thing that I don't have much to report right?

Poppa Bear had to work on Saturday, so the bears and I had a full day of fun just the three of us. They didn't wake up until 9:10 in the morning that day!!! Can you believe it??? I of course woke up at my normal 6:30 so I could shower and such before they got up. I do that every weekend. And then I waited...and waited...and waited for them to get up. It was a nice treat being able to log onto the internet and drink a cup of coffee before they got up.

Because of their 9am wake-up I didn't put them down for a nap until after lunch. They napped for 3 & 1/2 hours!!! Holy Moly! It was a nasty pouring rainy day, and because Poppa Bear had already done ALL of my cleaning during the week (thanks honey - that was a NICE treat) I was able to relax during nap. I even watched a movie. A WHOLE movie from start to finish.

After the boys got up we had a snack and went to good old Wally World for some groceries. They really do enjoy grocery shopping with me, and it gave us a way to get out of the house on such a yucky weather day.

Sunday was Father's Day and the weather was much much nicer. Because it was Father's Day Poppa Bear had free reign to do whatever he wanted. He went to breakfast with his friends and spent the day with them working on/playing with his dirtbike/scooter/motorcyle. I hope he enjoyed it.

The babies and I did our usual, lots of playing :-). The three of us went to my parents' to hang out. I brought their play yard. That thing is amazing. I don't know what I would do without it. They played in there with toys while my parents and I chatted. It was nice.

After the boys' dinner, the baby bears, poppa bear, and I went for a walk down to the dairy farm. I've been waiting for the baby cows to show up in their little huts and to our surprise there was ONE. We tried to get the boys to look at him, but they were too busy looking at the barn and the silo's. LOL - they are too cute for words.

It was a tiring weekend. A whole weekend of mostly just the three of us. I've got to give single parents out there a lot of credit. It is extremely busy and exhausting...and lonely in a way too.

So that's weekend in a nutshell. How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun for Father's Day?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was lots of togetherness for the weekend. At least the weather cleared and a nice walk was in order.

    I had to work for several hours Saturday so I was gone most of the day except when I came home and we all went out to lunch. Thankfully that was the only day I worked this week.

    On Fathers Day we went to 9:30 service at church and then drove over the bay and ate lunch at a Greek seafood restaurant we like to go to. Blackened shrimp and also crabmeat stuffed, bacon wrapped shrimp...yummy. We were stuffed when we left! I put up the Fathers Day post the girls and I had done earlier in the week and Mark took a nap in his chair. That was a first in a long time! After dinner we went and had ice cream at our usual Sunday night spot.

    There you have it. Not real exciting. Except for it being Fathers Day and all the excitement with the girls' homemade cards for Daddy. Just wait til the bears can do that. It's so fun!

    p.s. I think you somehow gave me your sinus stuff. (and I don't appreciate it :-( ) My head is getting worse by the minute.



Related Posts with Thumbnails