Thursday, October 1, 2009

Body After Baby Challenge ~ Week One

MamaNotesMama Notes is hosting a challenge called Body After Baby for those of us attempting to return our bodies back to the way they were prior to having a baby or babies in my case.

This challenge runs for 8 weeks.  Each week there are mini challenges.  This weeks challenge is a GREAT challenge for me...it's to drink at least 8 - 8oz glasses of water per day.  I will receive 1 point up to 8 points for each glass I drink per day.  A challenge to say the least since I DETEST water.  It's just so......boring.  But I'm up for it.

I had to take my before pictures and lets just say they are not so pretty.  I may post those pictures on here soon, and put it all out there for the world to see.

My goals for this challenge are:
  • Lose 8 pounds by the end of the challenge.  That would mean I need to lose 1 pound per week.  If I stick with it, that number should not be difficult.
  • Stop eating out.  I tend to "forget" to pack my lunch for work.  When this happens I end up going out somewhere and not choosing the most healthy options.  This goal may also help me reduce the debt in my wallet :-)
  • MORE ACTIVITY!!!!  Right now my activity consists of playing with my children.  Allthough I enjoy playing with them, that is just normal day to day activity.  I need to step it up.  Even if it's to pack the boys up and go walk the mall (since the weather is getting cold here).  As long as I don't bring my wallet into the mall I will be safe.
My goals for this week are:
  • To drink 8 - 8oz glasses of water per day.
  • To not eat out a single day this week.
And last but not least....the most difficult thing to discuss is my weight.  I weigh the SAME EXACT amount that I weighed last year after giving birth to M&M.  Sad.  With how much I run around with those two and not to mention how many times a day I am running up and down stairs, I should seriously be 100 pounds.  Well, not seriously, I've never weighed that much.

Currently I am weighing in at.....wait for it....

wait for it....

182 pounds!

Wow, I said it.  Sad but true people.

My ultimate goal is to get down to my pre-baby weight which was 160 pounds.  Still not the perfect weight for my body type, but I was happy at that weight.  I was married at that weight.  And now looking back...I looked pretty damn good.

So follow along in the weeks to come...and please...wish me luck...maybe even say a few prayers for me too!

2 comments:

  1. Your goals are very realistic! Good luck in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO with you! I was 165 when I got married and looking back, it was a great size! :) I had twins too... and my oh my is my belly ever stretched out! We can do it though! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails