Thursday, August 6, 2009

Girls Gone Wild

As promised in this post, I am going to go into a bit more detail as to my whereabouts the last month.

What happens when four women go to a tattoo & piercing shop? Why...they get tattoos and piercings!!!!

I know know, that was a TOUGH riddle.

Anyhoo, I've been wanting to get my nose pierced for many years now. When the company I worked for announced a two week shut-down I thought what better time to get my nose pierced? Isn't that what YOU think when you're out of work? No?

My friend and fairygodmother Beth, had an appointment for a tattoo, so what's another three women going along for the ride?

Beth got Horton, from Horton Hears a Who! tattooed on her back. Beth has many Dr. Suess characters tattooed on her back. She's kinda..what would you call it...a Dr. Suess freak? Characters such as The Cat in The Hat, The Grinch, and his faithful friend Max. I could write a whole other blog post about her tattoos. Hmm...that is a GREAT idea. I'll have to write that idea down on my mental notepad.




Isn't he cute?

Thankfully I got my nose pierced before my sister, because after watching her and the pain she endured I would have totally chickened out. I must either have a high pain tolerance, or she just has thicker skin than I.

A snapshot of her ordeal:



And if that wasn't painful enough for her, she got a tattoo directly after...on her foot of all places! The foot is one of the more painful places to get a tattoo. And you know what? She didn't even flinch once. She is a strange bird that sister of mine.




She had her children's names tattooed on her foot. Austin, Owen, & Lillyan


Me, the mommarazzi, of course had to bring my camera and got a shot of us girls in the reflection of the mirror. The blonde on the right, in the dress, that's Meagan. She didn't get anything done. I say she chickened out. She says she just came along for the entertainment.



I think I may want to get the bears' names tattooed on me next. That would be tattoo #4 for me. Not sure if I'm willing to do that. I had a friend tell me once that more than 2 tattoos means you're white trash. Well, I guess I'm white trash then huh?

This was the adult version of Girls Gone Wild. Ya know..where women above the age of 30 are involved? I wonder if I were to submit MY version of Girls Gone Wild if we become famous? Hmm..for some reason I highly doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. this is so great! haha! I need friends to get tattoos with, but I am the only unchicken!!! I love nose piercings, but while I was breastfeeding my youngest...he took it out for me. I havent had the nerve for a redo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls really did go wild! I have to admit that I'd be the Chicken one. No extra holes or ink for me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails