Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Am Never Going to Live This Down

Last night was just like any other night in my home.

That is, until I ran down to the basement to switch the laundry over to the dryer.

If you follow me on twitter, then you would have read this lovely gem last night:


Yes. Yes. You read that right.  A mouse in my dryer.

I was switching the clothes over from the washer to the dryer when I saw it.  An obviously drowned white mouse laying at the bottom of my washing machine.

I freaked the freak out.  How did it get it there?  Was he in my laundry while I placed it in the washer?  Was he stuck in the bottom and I threw the clothes on him?  How many more mice were living in my basement? Do I rewash these clothes or should I burn them?

{A few weeks prior to this event I found a drowned mouse in the utility sink in the basement where my washing machine drains into.}

Where are these mice coming from? We have never had a mouse issue.

A phone call to my husband ensues.  I frantically explain the dead mouse in my washing machine as he tells me to simply "get it out."  Get it out? Me? Get it out?  Oh no, no way.  I do not deal with dead animals.  That is one of the reasons I got married.

So long story short, I got the mouse out.  I had gloves on and four plastic bags protecting my hand.  Sweating, breathing heavily, making sounds I never made before, I got the sucker out.  I knotted the bag tight and put him in the garbage bin outside.

I am scarred for life.

Fast forward to this morning.  My sister calls me:

Sister: Was the mouse white?

Me: Yes it was white.

Sister: Um, the boys were playing with a white rubber mouse at my house the other day.

Me: Are you kidding?

Sister: No.  I thought it was kind of funny when you said it was white. 

Me: You're not just saying this to make me feel better are you?

Sister: No.  Really.  It's a toy.

Yes folks.  The mouse that caused my anxiety attack that is now wrapped in four plastic bags tight and in the garbage bin outside was a toy.

My husband got word. 


I'm never going to live this down.


1 comment:

  1. Lol I would have been freaking out too. You are one brave woman to get that thing out of your washing machine. At least you don't have to burn your clothes now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails