Friday, October 1, 2010

Best Soup Evah

I made the yummiest soup this week.

I really need to share it with you all.  I urge you to make it.  And eat it.  Every. Single. Day.  Actually I am eating some right this moment.

That's how good it is.

Here is the recipe:

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Ingredients:

1 Can Refried Beans
1 Can of Corn with Liquid
1 Can of Chicken Broth
1 Cup of Chunky Style Salsa
1 Can of Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
1 Large Cooked Chicken Breast, Shredded

Mix all ingredients in your crock pot.  Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Serve with crunched up tortilla chips and a smidge of cheddar cheese.  If you are really daring, add a dollop of sour cream.

*** I like to double this recipe and freeze half ***

I have a funny story to go along with my soup this week.  On Wednesday, when I got home from work, I turned the crock off to cool down.  I decided to divide up the soup into containers.  As I lifted the lid, the handle broke, and into the soup the screw to the handle plopped.  Oy Vey!  So I ladled the soup into bowls keeping an eye out for the screw. 

I still have yet to find it. 

Every day I heat up my soup, I listen for that tell tale sound of metal sparking in the microwave.

Every day, like at this moment, as I shovel spoon fulls of yummy goodness into my mouth I am feeling around for that dang screw.

Nope, still haven't found it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails