Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Am I Being Punked?

2011...I dislike you already.

You have brought nothing but bad luck to me.

It actually started prior to 2011.  So I thought to myself, "At least it's not 2011 yet".


I totally jinxed myself. 

On December 20, my beautiful Droid X bit the dust.  I brought it to Verizon where the lovely lady told me, "I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do for you." {I'm the genius that did not have insurance on my almost $600 phone.}

Thank heavens my husband is savvy enough to look into the matter, and found that the phone was still covered under warranty through Motorola. So off my phone went.  They said it would be done in 5-7 business days.  Of course, this was right before the holidays so it was going to be much longer.

Christmas came and went without a hitch...they were wonderful! {I know, I owe y'all a Christmas post still.}

The morning of December 26 came.  I was super excited as this was the day my Fairy Godmother and I planned on going to Buffalo for our yearly girly Buffalo Bills game, where we go extra early to do some damage shopping in the Bills Store.  I wandered out to my car, got in {feeling like the Michelan Man in all of my warm layers}and started the car. 

Nothing.  Tried again.  Nothing.

Are you kidding me?

I ran into the house where my husband was still in his boxers about to get the boys up.  Luckily, my husband is VERY mechanically able, so he ran outside {he put clothes on first in case you were wondering} to see what was the matter.  After a bit, he came in and the conversation went like this:

Him: Hon, it doesn't look good.
Me: What do you mean it doesn't look good?
Him: I think it's your timing belt.
Me: How much does that cost?
Me: How am I going to get to work?
Me: I need to go to the game.
Him: I don't know what to tell you.
{At this time, I call my Fairy Godmother who can't pick me up because she's on pain meds from the MRSA she contracted during Thanksgiving (that is a whole 'nother blog post).  Luckily her husband is awesome and came to pick me up.}
Conversation continues between myself and Marcus {I'm crying at this point}.
Me: Crying
Marcus: Momma, are you sad?
Me: Yes honey, momma is a little sad.
Marcus (with his arms out-stretched): Gimme a hug.
Me:  Crying more because he is so stinking cute.

Sometime in between these two dates our {five year old} hot water heater decides it would be a great time to stop working.   Hubby, again, because he is my hero, looked into it and it was just that the pilot light went out somehow.  He re-lit it and we were golden....for a few days.

The evening of December 26, after I got home from the football game, and after my body had thawed out from the freezing temperatures, I thought it would be a fabulous time to wash all of the lovely clothes my kids and I received for Christmas.

Bad decision.

For somehow, something melted in the {five year old} dryer on the rear vent and deposited itself all over our brand new FLEECE clothes.

We still have yet to figure out what this item was that melted in our dryer.  Luckily I was able to salvage the clothes {enough}, but that was after much picking of hardened plastic and swearing and complaining by me.

Luckily that week my husband was on "vacation" from work.  Little did he know my car would die, the hot water heater would "go", and the dryer would melt some foreign object.  Luckily, my husband is a mechanical genius and was able to determine that my car only needed spark plugs of which he had purchased the previous weekend. {Thank You God!}

Now I know you must be thinking, at this point, the story ends here.  You are wrong.  Oh so wrong.

After December 26, the {five year old} hot water heater decided to snuff the flame out again, and my {five year old} washing machine thought it would be a grand time to leak water from underneath.  Again, my husband was on his much needed "vacation" so he was able to tear apart the hot water heater and clean it and it's been working fine since {fingers crossed} and the water under the washing machine we think was because I had put way too much in there {oops}.

Finally, we were nearing the New Year.  A New Year to start over...a clean slate.

Wrong again.

On New Year's Eve, my sister and her family came over.  While preparing a beverage for my sister, I noticed the ice cubes were wet...not completely frozen.  I brushed it off not thinking about it again until a few days later when my husband noticed that...hmmm....the items in the freezer of our {five year old} refrigerator, weren't quite as frozen anymore.  Now isn't that just great.

Thankfully we have a freezer in the basement so I was able to transfer our freezer items down there...and thankfully it's winter and my garage is nice and cold so I moved our refrigerator items out there.  Do you know how fun it is to have to go into your cold garage in your jammies in the morning for your coffee creamer?  Now THAT is one way to wake yourself up in the morning.

Each day my dear husband tried something new to repair our {five year old} refrigerator.  By this past Friday, he had had about enough and made the executive decision to buy a new one the next day.

On January 6, my beloved Droid X was returned.  I was out of my mind ready to have my most prized possession phone back.  So much so, that I made my husband and kids come to my work to deliver it to me so I could get her running during my work day lunch hour. 

Well, I got my hopes up.  I should have known better.  The Droid X was activated all right, and was in fact usable....if I was OUTSIDE!!!  The moment I was in a building or in my own home, all service was lost.  So back to Motorola she went.

Seriously y'all, I can't  make this shit up.  This is what I have been dealing with for the past few weeks.  What is is with the five year mark and my major appliances? 

I just want to go to bed, and not wake up until 2012.  Oh, but I'm going to take my new refrigerator with me and the new built in microwave hubby surprised me with.  I love them so much I could make out with 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails